cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cdp for windows

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

if i am not wrong, ciscoworks LMS uses cdp to discover and draw the network map.

if i want to monitor one server with LMS and get it displayed in the network map, is there a cdp agent for windows computers that i can install on our servers to get them monitored by ciscoworks graphically?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc0941b for some host-based CDP ideas. That said, LMS only supports Cisco devices. Even if you put a CDP agent on your servers, LMS will not fully manage it. If the server supports SNMP, you'll be able to discover the server, and Campus will display it on the map with a green question mark icon, but there is not a lot of management tasks you'll be able to perform on it.

i installed SNMP service in one PC

ok i can add it to cw but it is not displayed on the map!!!

either in unconnected devices, it is not there!!

the amazing thing is that cw recognizes the PC as a call manager :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: