cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change IP address of LMS 2.5.1 Server

kyawzawhtut
Level 1
Level 1

I dont know who start saying this but many people say that do not change your LMS server hostname or ip address as it will screw up the whole LMS.

What if I really have to change IP address? What are the precautions I can take not to screw up the LMS? Will following Cisco guideline enough to change ip address/hostname?

Please kindly advice community!

Thanks and best regards.

2 Replies 2

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

This question has been answered a couple of times here.

If you search cco search for "common services 3.0 change hostname"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008053eb21.html

Q. Do I need to change the CiscoWorks configuration after changing the IP address?

A. You do not need to change the CiscoWorks configuration whenever you change the IP address. CiscoWorks uses hostname for most of the communication. Only devices need to point to the new IP address. However, after changing the IP address, you must reboot the system on a Solaris server and restart the Daemon Manager on a Windows server. This is to make the changes effective.

cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel

Thanks for your good advice. I managed to change the IP address and so far no issue. I vote 5 more you!!

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: