Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Changes thru Cisco View not saved in Startup Config

Hi,

Can someone help me with this question. We have Cisco Works LMS 2.5 and we have 6509 switches running CatOS. Whenever I make a change in the configuration of a switch thru Cisco View and hit APPLY, changes are made only in Running configuration and I have to telnet into switch to save the changes to Startup config. We have configured Read-Write community strings in the Cisco works for switches.

Can someone advise how can I save changes to Startup config thru cisco works.

thanks,

Ali

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Changes thru Cisco View not saved in Startup Config

What sort of changes are you making?

When CiscoView makes changes to some things it uses the SNMP MIBs. For example if you use CiscoView to bring up an interface it is done by setting the MIB of that interface to admin up. This change is not made to the startup config. I do not think there is any way to make CiscoView save the startup to the running config.

You could use "netconfig" to do the changes. netconfig will log into the switch to make the changes and then it saves the config.

Community Member

RME>ConfigMgmt>ArchiveMgmt>Out-Of-Sync_Summary

Select all, click on 'sync on device"

Voila!, instant wr mem

Joseph

Community Member

We use Cisco View to make changes like changing the speed/duplex of the port, shutting down the port, changing the VLAN membership of the port etc.

Once I made changes thru Cisco View and sometime later when the switch rebooted (due to power failure), all the changes were gone and thats when I realized that the changes thru Cisco View are not being saved into Startup config.

Thanks,

Ali

Cisco Employee

When Cisco View makes configuration changes to the device it writes them to the running config, and not startup config. It does not perform a write mem to save these to startup.

However, on some models (6500/7600) you can you can

right click on the device supervisor module in

CiscoView-->Configure-->Save Configuration to save the config to nvram

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content