cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing hostname in ciscoworks?

mfreeman451
Level 1
Level 1

I want to change the hostname of a server hosting some ciscoworks lms 2.5.1 applications and I've tried to update regdaemons.xml and a few of the other files in /opt/CSCOpx but it still thinks its the old hostname. Is there any documentation on how to do this?

Thanks,

Mike

9 Replies 9

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_

user_guide_chapter09186a008022f962.html#wp1078582

Thanks. I've created a shell script to automate all of this, if anyone is interested email me at :

mfreeman [at] netcogov com

I searched for this on cco.

I only found a procedure for LMS 2.2

After trying that,.... it was time to reinstall....

Cheers,

Michel

Cisco seems to have become unable or unwilling to properly index their docs.

Search for some of the phrases in the document David provided and you will see it doesn't show up in the results.

It's title is indexed though but the questions in the FAQ are not.

I noticed that the bugtool is almost unusable, will this now happen for the rest of CCO as well?

Michel

Hi Michel,

What issues are you seeing with the bug tool? Please let me know and I'll see if there's anything that can be done about it. Also, if there are any other tools having problems that you notice please let me know and I'll try to get in touch with the team that handles it

Thanks

David

Searching through CCO has never really worked. It's amazing that a company the size of Cisco has such a poor website because of their search engine. Oh well. You could always wget -r it and use GDS (Google desktop search) .. he he

I was able to change my hostname following teh instructions from the link someone posted and it worked fine. I have also created a small shell script to automate this for me as well, which I am incorporating as one of the finish scripts in our jumpstart/flasharchive automated build system. E-mail me if you want a copy.

I was able to change my hostname following teh instructions from the link someone posted and it worked fine. I have also created a small shell script to automate this for me as well, which I am incorporating as one of the finish scripts in our jumpstart/flasharchive automated build system. E-mail me if you want a copy.

I'd like to see what you have made.

Please send a copy to mh at didata dot be

Cheers,

Michel