Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

changing the IP of LMS

Hi, If I want to change the IP of LMS how can i do this ? is there any tricks in that..or its straight forward..your input would be highly appreciated..

• Network Management
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: changing the IP of LMS

It's pretty straightforward. The Common Services User Guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.2/user/guide/cs32ug.html) covers the procedure.

It also states:

"Q. Do I need to change the CiscoWorks configuration after changing the IP address?

A. You need not change the CiscoWorks configuration whenever you change the IP address. CiscoWorks uses hostname for most of the communication. Only devices need to point to the new IP address. However, after changing the IP address, you must reboot the system on a Solaris server and restart the Daemon Manager on a Windows server. This is to make the changes effective."

That document also covers changing the host name - a little more involved since some of the CiscoWorks applications are tied to the host name explicitly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.