cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

chassis-view in cisco prime Infrastructure

sadeqalshaikh
Level 1
Level 1

we migrate our management system to CPI 1.3 but i noticed there is no view for switches (chassis-view)same as in cisco work .

Is there any way to enable it in CPI 1.3?? since i saw a video in youtupe there was a view for switch (picture with switch) in device work center

11 Replies 11

KauyGabriel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sadeq,

Unfortunately this function was not migrated to CPI yet.

I'd noticed the chassis view is displayed only for some Wireless Controllers on Device Work Center.

Buy you are able to see the ports list and status through [Operate] > [Device Work Center]. Select the device [Device Details Tab] > [Interfaces] > [Ethernet Interfaces].

The chassis view for switches and routers were provided by CiscoView on LMS/CiscoWorks.

I nice thread regarding the diferences between LMS (CiscoWorks) and CPI and expectations for new realeases is listed below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2226745

Hope it helps

That's correct - no CiscoView in PI 1.3. Please see the following document for a functional comparison:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/app_note_c27-716230.html

Hi all,

I know it's an old post but I would like to ask if someone has some ideas about "chassis view" as we have on the CNA with PI 3.x?

Regards,

Norbert

Cisco hasn't shown much interest in building this functionality into PI. Even 3.0 with its latest device packs etc. doesn't add anything beyond what little bit they put in PI 2.x.

I discussed it briefly with the product marketing team at Cisco Live last summer and they said they were focusing more on the new functionality rather than trying to keep up with things like the Ciscoview they had (or still have) with LMS (and formerly as a stand alone product).

I guess they are giving us the message that if you want a pretty GUI more than advanced switching features, go with the Cisco Meraki line. I don't agree with that approach but that's where the products are and have been going the past 2-3 years.

that's to bad ..pretty GUI was a big help when troubleshooting and installing systems with office end users.

@psbucs2318 wrote:

that's to bad ..pretty GUI was a big help when troubleshooting and installing systems with office end users.

Having DNA Center as the new strategic NMS Platform we are aming at replacing FNT Command... but FNT has a „perfect“ chassis view. Would be great to have this old Feature back in DNA Center... 

sadeqalshaikh
Level 1
Level 1

first of all thanks Marvin and Kauya for replay

however I watched cisco prime infrastructure )Cisco Live London)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHeKWzNpbM

I noticed there was a view for the switch and i took a snapshot for the video

as

you can see there is a view for the switch with status of ports .

Is this a new version of CP??

They were demoing on Prime Infrastructure 2.0 beta.

thank you Marvin

Do you know the release date  ?

You're welcome. During Cisco Live Orlando in late June, the product managers were saying August (this month).

I've not seen anything official updating that although Rollin mentioned "Fall 2013" in a recent post.

we upgraded it to 2.0 but unfortunately no chassis view for switches

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: