cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1900 Switch Archive.

falkaabi
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1900/1924 switches in my Network and its OID is 1.3.6.4.1.9.5.18 and the switch Device pakege in RME is not available, can any one help me out how can i take the archive of these devices.

6 Replies 6

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

RME and CM 4.0.2 have support for the 1912, 1924, and 2820 devices.

Yes campus manager 4.0 has the Support for the device and it is showing it green but how can i take the archive configuration of the 1900 and 1924 Device.

4.04 has support for the 1924 but it seems only as from 9.00.07 software release according to supported devices.

I have successfully pulled archives with 9.00.06 software.

I was really supprised that with the upgrade to 4.0 (3) RME,suddenly support for these switches changed. With RME 3.0 I was able to archive.

Hope this will help.

Bas Kokken

Somewhat more detail:

a 1900c with 9.00.06 Enterprise software lets me archive.

A 1924a with standard software does not let me archive.

It complains about the telnet login when doing check credentials

Anyone know how to enter credentials for a 1924A switch in Ciscoworks CS 3.03 / RME 4.04

Thanks,

I could not find this in the RME 4.0 link but. There is another note on the web about a migration / upgrade planner. This document states, as you mentioned, that RME only supports the commandline capable 1900 Enterprise switches

I believe the supported devices document for RME 4.04 is not too clear: only by looking at the OID, you can find out it is the enterprise 1900 that is intended in this document.

Regards,

Bas Kokken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco