cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2600 Router QDM blank page

StrangeWill
Level 1
Level 1

So if I'm not mistaken QDM simplifys a lot of management through a java interface, I'd REALLY like to use this however once I boot it all up, I can get to the web interface fine, alas the QDM manager returns a blank page that is 0KB in length.

Apparently Cisco has discontinued QDM, making it impossible to reinstall it to see if that fixes it, not only that but I don't have the CD that came with the router, and Cisco doesn't provide any downloads for any of that it seems (No TFTP server for transferring new files anyway)

I would like to know if they have a replacement for QDM and where I could get it, if not I'd like to know what I could do to fix the QDM.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As you've seen, QDM is discontinued. It was only ever tested on 12.1(5)T on the 2600 series, so usage with modern IOS versions will probably not work.

The replacement for QDM is QPM or the QoS Policy Manager. This is a server-based product that helps simplify provisioning and monitor QoS policies on a wide variety of devices and IOS versions. More information on QPM can be found at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2064/index.html .

As I understand it though, thats a product you have to pay extra for, so basically they take away a product that came with my router, and say that I need to pay to have that product restored?

I thought it was a Java type interface like the Pix 501 firewall we have came with, that basically takes away from having to do everything in a console (for the most part). Or is it just some kind of network analyzing tool?

Yes, QPM costs money. QDM should still work with older IOS versions, though TAC no longer supports it. It is a Java applet that runs directly on the router. It was designed to help with configuring and monitoring QoS. The QDM docs are still available at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/qdm/index.htm .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: