Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960/3560 Web Based device manager

richardfinnie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to setup the web based device manager for access for my Tier 1 and Tier 2 folks to do some basic troubleshooting without having to learn the IOS CLI. However I can't seem to get the Web based device manager to work properly. First crack at it, it seemed to be an issue with browser support, as it appears the WebUI doesn't support IE8 or Firefox 3.5+. So after installing Firefox 2.00.20, I still get an "unsupported device" error on the dashboard screen, and the options although clickable, do not present any information. So I guess my questions are two things;

1)What version of web based device manager will support IE8 and Firefox 3.5+? (I am currently running 12.2(53) and 12.2(52) )

2)What browers support the existing WebUI in 12.2(53) or (52) ? Has anyone seen the "Unsupported Device" message before?

Thanks,

Rick

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CNA has very limited troubleshooting and/or configuration options.

Upgrade/update your Adobe Flash.

What version of CNA are you using?  The latest one is version 5.5.

I am actually not using the assistant, but actually the web based manager (i.e. Https://devicename in a browser). I know there is limited troubleshooting options, hence the reason I am not using it. The idea is to have my Tier 1 and Tier 2 folks just check the device and verify the port/device is up. I know I could just get them to ping it, but this gives them a more visual representation of the device.

I have checked Java versions, and there doesn't seem to be an issue there.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have used up to date browsers (Chrome 6, Firefox 3.6, IE 8, and Safari 5) successfully to browse to 3560's running both older (12.2(25)) and newer (12.2(53)) IOS versions.Firefox 4.0 beta doesn't seem to work, but it is an early beta.

I do get an incompatibility warning on the initial splash page, but clicking past that opens the device successfully. I can do this from both clients running XP SP3 and Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Are you able to browse to it from ANY plaftform at all? Do you have "ip http secure-server" (and a crypto key) set up on the device?

It's not that I can't browse to the device, this works fine. I can log in, but once I do the WebUI just shows "unsupported device". I have included an screenshot.

Thanks.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmm. It almost looks like the support files for the webui aren't loaded properly on the device.Those are stored under flash://html. The device images should come up from the /images directory there. When you install an IOS image, there is a different binary for when you want to use the WebUI.

What specific hardware model are you using (e.g. show inv)?

Here is the system image file name for two of my 3560's that work fine:

System image file is "flash:c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4/c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin"

System image file is "flash:c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SE1/c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SE1.bin"

Models vary, but this specific one is a WS-C3560G-48PS.

System image file:

flash:/c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SE2/c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SE2.bin

All html and images files are on the device, as I did install the IOS with the web based device manager.

Hmm, that shoud be a supported device and that is the correct image that includes the device manager files.

Sounds like a TAC case is in order. You do have Smartnet, right?

pva
Level 1
Level 1

how you resolved your problem??

I now have the same problem.

my catalyst:

Cisco IOS Software, C2960 Software (C2960-LANBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(55)SE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ROM: Bootstrap program is C2960 boot loader
BOOTLDR: C2960 Boot Loader (C2960-HBOOT-M) Version 12.2(44)SE5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

System image file is "flash:/c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE1/c2960-lanbasek9-mz.122-55.SE1.bin"

I have exactly the same problem, can you please write it down if you did solve this issue....many thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: