Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960X Power OID

valentine_g
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Recently we have upgraded our 2960-x switches to IOS version 15.0(2) EX5 (universal-K9),

Since the upgrade we are unable to get the power consumption status of the switch from the SNMP monitoring system, Sadly the SNMP navigator does not have this version so we are unable to verify we are using the correct OID.

The OID we're using is 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.3.1.1.4

Using this OID we receive values that are not even close to the once we get from "show power inline" on the switch itself.

Does anyone have a clue to point me for a way to receive the correct data?

Regards,

Valentine

3 Replies 3

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

You better upgrade your MIBs/OID lists then in your NMS software.
You can also check cisco's documentation on the MIBs

Go here: http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/netmgmt/cmtk/mibs.shtml

This discussion has been reposted from Additional Communities to the Network Management community.

JELA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just had the same issue here and I think i've found the answer (in case of other people are interested)

The result of the CLI command "show power inline" seems to be the provisionned power related to the POE class negociated with the device.

Where you probe the 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.3.1.1.4 OID, you get the real usage of the power the POE devices so it seems to be more accurate than the show power result.

Indeed, you can probe another OID which is the power really used per port (in mW) which is 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.402.1.2.1.9.

However, I still don't find any OID related to the total power used (POE + system)

Hope this help.