cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4400 WLC issues

whitefalcon6
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a Cisco 4400 series wireless LAN controller with software version 5.0.148.0. and a server running the wireless control system (WCS) with software version 5.0.56.2.

I also have setup 2 Cisco LWAPP with a software version of 5.0.148.0.

Now I can see both the controller and the AP's inside the WCS and I can also pickup the wireless SSID from any desktop or laptop but I can not connect to it.

The settings on both the WCS and WLC are pretty much out of the box, I have set no security as of yet so it seems to be wide open.

I understand this is not much to go on but any tips or suggestions you may have would be of great help. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

vergeerf
Level 1
Level 1

default for SSID (WLAN) is dot1x so you need to check if your controller is setup as a NAS in your radius server and specified in the controller with a correct radius key. Secondly, a newly created WLAN (SSID) is allway admin down. I need more information to trouble shoot this

I appologize for my lack of knowledge on this issue, first of all I have not setup Radius at this point, I did try but still was having issues. Do I have to setup Radius?

I Changed the SSID and it does show the correct SSID on my laptop.

I guess I thought connection could be made easily with it being as "wide open" as it is.

Also I am not sure what you mean by "admin down".