Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Configuration Professional on Windows 8.1

Trying to run CCP 2.7 on Windows 8.1.  I've already changed the compatibility view settings and the program launches just fine and the view is correct.  I am not able to type anything in any of the field.  I think this may be due to a Java version or setting.  I have downgraded my jave to JRE 1.6.0_11.  Any help would be great.  What am I missing.  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES

Try adding localhost, 127.0.0

Try adding localhost, 127.0.0.1, and the address of the router to the exception list under security in the Java control panel.

Also, add them to trusted sites i IE. 

Unless you're studying for the CCNA:security, I would just give up on this horrid pos :)

I already had the setting in

I already had the setting in Java and added localhost in IE.  Same result.  Program will launch but when trying to add devices to the community, I am unable to type anything in any of the fields.

What else would you suggest I use to manage my devices?  Consider I am not friendly with IOS commands and need a GUI interface.  Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies