Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco ipsec vpn server

Hello,

I want to make a Cisco Ipsec VPN server on my windows 2008 R2 standard OS,

I want to know is this possible to make windows OS as server for Cisco IPsec clients? if so can you please provide me any guide if available for the same.

Regards,

Jebran.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Jebran It is not clear to me

Jebran

It is not clear to me whether you are talking about your Windows 2008 server as IPSec VPN termination for Remote Access VPN or for site to site VPN. Especially for Remote Access VPN there is some negotiation between the client and the server where Cisco has implemented some optimizations when the client is negotiating with a Cisco server. I am not clear what the impact would be if the server were not a Cisco VPN device. And I wonder why you would get the Cisco VPN client if you are not connecting to a Cisco VPN terminator?

HTH

Rick

Hello Rick,I am talking about

Hello Rick,

I am talking about windows 2008 R2 server as IPsec VPN termination for Remote access VPN clients,

Actually I already have a server configured with windows RRAS and our remote clients are connect to the server through PPTP,L2TP and SSTP protocols, some of our clients require connect to the server from their iPhone, or OSx devices in which cisco VPN is built-on.

Regards,

Jebran.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Jebran I looked on my iPhone

Jebran

I looked on my iPhone and I find that there is a generic IPSec client built in and that there is also the Cisco specific AnyConnect VPN client. If the iPhone or OSx device are implementing generic IPSec Remote Access VPN (and not the Cisco specific client) then I would assume that your implementation on your Windows server should work. If you are loading the Cisco specific VPN client then I believe that your Windows server would be problematic.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies