Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 2.5 - DCA server error

gopakumarmk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I couldn't get connection to Common service->devicemanagement. It's showing "Error in communicating with DCA Server.DCA Server may be down."

I have done the self test and the result was "pass" to all services except database.pl. showing error " database.pl

FAIL Self Test Fail to query ani.DbVersion, Error: Database server not found (DBD: login failed)

Self Test Fail to query ani.SYSTABLE, Error: Database server not found (DBD: login failed)

Please Advice..

Regards

GopaKumar

8 Replies 8

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

What does the following command return:

pdshow DCRServer

Hi,

When I run pdshow DCRServer, it shows never started. I tried to start DCRServer but it is taking long time and hang.

Please advice..

If DCRServer is never started, then one of its dependencies is most likely failing. Please provide the entire pdshow output.

Here I have attached the pdshow report. Please review and advice..

Regards

Looks like EDS is down as well as the RME database. First, make sure you have not changed any of your services startup parameters. Services like Tomcat, Visibroker, and the database engines MUST BE set to manual.

Next, what are the specs on this server (i.e. memory, CPU, etc.)? Have you changed the server's hostname since installing LMS?

If the services startup parameters have not been changed, and the hostname is the same as it was when LMS was installed, try resetting the database password for RME:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbpasswd.pl dsn=RME

If that completes successfully, the RME database should become accessible.

Hi,

I have reset the RME password. The services as you said all are Manual. But still i am getting same problem.

Please find the attached screen shots.

Regards

At this point, I recommend you open a TAC Service Request as detailed debugging is required. Remote access via Meeting Place may also be needed to determine the cause of the problem.

Hi,

Here I am attaching some more error snap shots and also self test test info. Please review and advice..

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: