cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS 4.2 exclusion file list and software deployment.

Alex Nikolaev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a problem with LMS 4.2. When I deploing software images I have a report that file vtpfile is deleted because it not includet in exclusion list.Somebody know where is this LIST is ?

6 Replies 6

Alex Nikolaev
Level 1
Level 1

Me again! I really blow my mind. Somebody can help me to find this list. PLEASE )

Hi Alex,

Share the swim job log.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Processing Device : cat3560_v_4_3

Start Time : Fri Oct 25 13:30:16 MSK 2013

Device is locked for exclusive access.

The supported protocols for image transfer are: RCP,TFTP,SCP

Connecting to the device using TELNET...

Connected successfully.

Going to perform delete operation based on the patterns in the List [.*\.bin, html, snmp, help, .*\.tar]

Files that will be excluded from deletion are: [vlan\.dat, config\.text, config\.txt, private-config\.text, private-config\.txt, multiple-fs, env_vars, system_env_vars, info\.ver, info]

Storage from which files are to be deleted is: flash

Available Flash files: multiple-fs,vtpfile,private-config.text,config.text,c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE5,

multiple-fs -> will be excluded from deletion. File matched with the pattern: "multiple-fs"

vtpfile -> Doesn't match with the patterns in the delete list.

private-config.text -> will be excluded from deletion. File matched with the pattern: "private-config\.text"

config.text -> will be excluded from deletion. File matched with the pattern: "config\.text"

c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE5 -> Doesn't match with the patterns in the delete list.

Unable to get the needed space by deleting the files in deleteList.

Going to perform delete operation leaving the files that match the patterns in the excludeList: [vlan\.dat, config\.text, config\.txt, private-config\.text, private-config\.txt, multiple-fs, env_vars, system_env_vars, info\.ver, info]

Storage from which files are to be deleted is: flash

Available Flash files: multiple-fs,vtpfile,private-config.text,config.text,c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE5,

multiple-fs -> will be excluded from deletion. File matched with the pattern: "multiple-fs"

vtpfile-> deleted

private-config.text -> will be excluded from deletion. File matched with the pattern: "private-config\.text"

config.text -> will be excluded from deletion. File matched with the pattern: "config\.text"

c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE5-> deleted

Obtained sufficient free space after deletion.Proceeding with distribution operation

Retrieving configuration file from the device...

Current device config is copied to C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\files\rme\jobs\swim\1040\cat3560_v_4_3_Config

Checking if HTTP server is enabled on the device...

Http Server is enabled. Going to disable it...

Disabled successfully.

Copying c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.150-2.SE2.bin from Software Repository to rcp-specific directory.

Copied successfully to C:/PROGRA~2/CSCOpx/temp/rep_sw_2688677568767946560

Loading image file to flash device : rep_sw_2688677568767946560 --> flash:c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.150-2.SE2.bin using RCP

Loading image file to flash device is completed.

Total time for copying the image - 3 Minutes 4 Seconds

Enabling HTTP server on the device...

Enabled successully.

Updating config file during software upgrade process

Successfully updated.

Reboot for the device not selected, please do a manual reboot.

Device is unlocked.

Device Upgrade Result : Success

End Time:Fri Oct 25 13:40:16 MSK 2013

I try to find this in the codes but I could't.  Exclude list is something which looks at the coded filters listed in the codes but I could't find that in it

Check with TAC , they will contact BU to find the answer..

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Is it posible to create job that will put this file back? I have no service contract ot create TAC (((

unfortunately there is no such job exist as per my knowledge.