Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS and GSS 4492 Appliance

tech_trac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have added the GSS to DCR and the verification report shows the SNMP, ssh, enable by ssh is all Ok.

But on running Sync Archive via RME, I get the following error

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

Selected Procotol with order --> SSH, TFTP

Execution Result:

CM0062 Polling GSS for changes to configuration

CM00 Polling not supported on PRIMARY STARTUP config, defaulting to fetch.

CM00 Polling not supported on PRIMARY RUNNING config, defaulting to fetch.

--

And the Archive Mgmt jobs shows as 'Partially Successful'.

What does partially successful mean ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You would need SAS or Software and Support to open a case on LMS. The workaround is to leave:

terminal-length 0

In your global config at all times.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

RME does not know how to do configuration polling for this device, therefore it will always attempt to fetch the config, then look to see if anything has changed. Therefore, what you see here about polling being unsupported is expected.

When running the sync archive job, do not check the Poll box when syncing the GSS devices, and the job should complete successfully. However, even if the box is checked, since RME will default to fetch, the config should still be archived properly.

Hello,

I unchecked the polling, still the error appears but this time it is different.

Protocol==> Unknown/Not Applicable

Selected Protocols with order ==> SSH

Execution Result:

STARTUP

CM0151 PRIMARY STARTUP Config fetch failed for GSS1 Cause: fig from device:java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Read timed out Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

I am able to do ssh into the GSS device from Cisco Works Server and the device cred. verification report is also successful.

Regards.

What version of RME is this?

Also, what version of code is running on the GSS?

RME Version : 4.3.0

GSS Version : 3.0(2)

Exactly what output and prompts do you see when you manually SSH to the GSS, and do the following:

en?

enable

show glsb-config

show startup

Right after ssh -> I get the below

login as: admin

admin@x.x.x.x's password:

Last login: Tue Aug 18 16:28:30 2009 from a.b.c.d

GSSA>en

Password:

GSSA#sh startup-config

GSS configuration [Saved: Thu Jul 16 20:40:18 GST 2009]

GSSA#sh gslb-config

region "Central USA" comments "Central USA Region"

region "Eastern USA" comments "Eastern USA Region"

region "Western USA" comments "Western USA Region"

owner System

gss-device GSSA activate

gss-device GSSB activate

source-address-list Anywhere owner System

ip address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

I need you to run the commands exactly how I specified them as that is what RME will do. I also need to see any prompts you get while displaying the startup config and gslb-config.

Something else that may help here is to enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, re-run the Sync Archive job, then post the dcmaservice.log. The GSS code has some considerable debugging built-in, so the timeout problem should be visible.

Please find the log attached. It states SQL Exception and getSshProtocols error.

Thanks.

You did not enable debugging prior to getting this log. You need to first enable debugging, then run a new Sync Archive job, then post the new log.

When I go to 'Applicaton Log Level Settings', then select ArchiveMgmt from the Application drop down. Both Archive Service and Archive Client are set to debug. Is that sufficient.

Also, when I try to change the Application to All and select Debug and click Apply I get the following message

RMELOG0003: Error while reloading log level for the service - Archive Service.The service might need to be restarted for the settings to take effect.

RMELOG0001: Successfully updated the Log levels.

ArchiveMgmt Service is sufficient, assuming the setting was applied. You will then need to re-run the job so that debugging is written to the log.

Hello,

Please find the log attached. I didn't find much difference in the log.

I set the ArchiveMgmt Service to debug, and submitted a new sync archive job for GSS device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: