Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

cisco lms - backup out of the box

when using cisco lms 4.2.5 linux version, what would be the best way to backup the config files out of the box?

what i'm lookin for is a way to take the shadow folder to another box for disaster recovery.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

you can use the cwcli export

you can use the cwcli export command to export the config ,check the below link::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/configuration/config/cwcli.html#wp1145101

**** all configurations are saved under /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow on linux

you can also create some kind of script to backup this folder.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

you can use the cwcli export

you can use the cwcli export command to export the config ,check the below link::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/configuration/config/cwcli.html#wp1145101

**** all configurations are saved under /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow on linux

you can also create some kind of script to backup this folder.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi, i found this solution to

Hi, i found this solution to work very well for exporting files out of the box:

As user root:

1) on cisco-lms install sshfs, which lets you mount a folder on a remote box through sftp:
install in the following order:
rpm -ivh fuse-libs-2.7.4-8.el5.x86_64.rpm
rpm -ivh fuse-2.7.4-8.el5.x86_64.rpm
rpm -ivh fuse-sshfs-2.5-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm

2) mount 
mkdir /mnt/backup
sshfs root@<remote-linux-box-ip>:<remote-folder> /mnt/backup -o allow_other

3) rsync with cron
00 1 * * * rsync -r -v /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow/* /mnt/backup/ >> /root/rsync.log 2>&1

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content