Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS fault manager threshold settings

Mahmoud Saad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

LMS is not send me SNMP traps when switchport is flapping, syslog does i suspect that default parameters i need your help to set them with suitable values.

Thanks

Parameter

Current Value

New Value

Defaults

Link trap window:  300 count
count

Link trap threshold:  3 count

count

1 Reply 1

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

DFM performs the following actions:

1. As  soon as DFM receives a Link Down Trap from a physical port or interface  (or a Warm Start/Cold Start Trap from a system), DFM begins counting  the traps.

2. When  DFM receives two or more traps within 30 seconds, it considers the  network adapter or system to be at fault and DFM generates a Repeated  Restarts event or a Flapping event.

The minimum traps parameter is set by the Link trap threshold or Restart  trap threshold and the minimum seconds parameter is set by the Link  trap window or restart trap window. DFM must receive a minimum of two  traps within the trap window in a minimum of 30 seconds before it  considers an element at fault.

3. DFM continues to receive traps for 80 seconds after the initial trap, resulting in a stable time of 80 seconds.

The stable time is the amount of time that DFM waits before it clears the Repeated Restarts event or Flapping event.

check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_device_fault_manager/3.2/user/guide/Flapping.html#wp1008135

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: