Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LMS netconfig job not saving running config to startup

CB90021204
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running LMS3.2 and RME 4.3.1. I deployed a netconfig job to our network which consisted of approximately 800 devices.

The report said that the job completed successfully however some of the devices didn't save thier running config to startup. Has anyone experienced this before?

Is it possible to add a command or issue another netconfig job just to save the running config, so I can identify if the job fails on some devices? Using the tick box in the netconfig job doesn't seem to alert you if its not successful.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

normally you have at the end of the netconfig job dialog a option to save the config.
If this didn't work on some devices you will get an information in the Job log.

On which device Type it didn't work?

Sven

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Duong Nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen in the past where someone is running a netconfig job with the cmd to "wr mem" as a line in the netconfig job. 

Sven is correct, there is an option; radio button/check box to save the running config to startup after the job is completed.

if your job is strictly meant to "wr mem/write the config" then run a show command in config mode (non-enable) mode and select the option to save running config after job is completed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: