Replies

Cisco LMS with ACE Module

tech_trac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

While adding Cisco ACE Module into DCR, the verification report says

1. SSH - OK

2. Enable by SSH - Enable Username credential missing.

I have added the enable password for ACE in DCR. What could be missing then.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leave the hostname field empty, and give the context a descriptive display name (e.g. HOSTNAME-context1).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a problem with how the ACE module is authenticating enable. If you SSH to this blade manually, then enable yourself, what prompts do you see?

Ok. It goes directly into privileged mode without enable password via ssh access. Thanks.

If the ACE module has multiple contexts, how can it be configured in the DCR. Is it via different management IPs against the context.

Please ignore. I got the whole config from the admin context itself.

If you can do that, good. I know that ASAs and other multi-context firewalls require one to add each context for proper management.

If it goes into privileged mode immediately, then don't choose to check enable by SSH in Device Credential Verification. RME should be able to fetch the config so long as it can become enabled using the current DCR credentials.

As for multiple contexts, yes, each context must be added to DCR by its own IP address.

When I enter a new device for ACE 2nd context, the DCR reports 'Record for this device exist' while adding the device.

I have added different display name, IP for both the context. Only hostname is the same.

Leave the hostname field empty, and give the context a descriptive display name (e.g. HOSTNAME-context1).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: