Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Netflow collector solution

Hi,

One of my client is implementing HP Management suite for monitoring & Management of the Network. One of the modules of the suite is "Traffic Profile reporting pack"-part of OVPI. This module needs to get netflows from the Cisco Netflow collector.

Please suggest on the following points:

1) Cisco has Netflow Collector 6.0 which works in a two-tier mode i.e. a MNFC server getting aggregated information from distributed NFC's.: Is there a possibility to deploy only NFC's in distributed architecture which would forward the data to HP module directly without deploying a MNFC?

2) Since HP module is also a reporting pack, does MNFC provides some additional reports which would not be available through HP module?

3) Customer needs to get historical sampling data for e.g. hourly data of a particular day lets say 2 months back which he can't get from other tools such as MRTG etc. Is this data/report can be given by MNFC?

4) What is the sizing criteria for NFC servers? i.e. If a customer has approx. 100 routers & 30 core switches distributed across the network, how many servers would be required?

Looking forward to positive replies as its a urgent requirement. Thanks in advance.

Regds,

Manmeet

Views
Helpful
Replies