cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Netflow Configuration Issue

ahmedabobakr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 4510R switch which by cisco documentaions support Netflow protocol... when i am trying to configure the netflow using the documented commands like ip flow ingress, egress ...etc gives me unrecognized command for all commands.

any help is appreciated

thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

SHAWN EFTINK
Level 5
Level 5

Ahmed,

I would recommend moving your post to the forum Networking Infrastructure -> LAN, Switching and Routing or to the forum Networking Infrastructure -> Network Management as one of those would be better suited to your request and product.  This forum is targeted at Small Business products and solutions and the 4500 series chassis wouldn't fall into that realm.  You would probably receive better and more timely answers in one of those forums.

Shawn Eftink
CCNA/CCDA

Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

Shawn Eftink CCNA/CCDA Please rate all helpful posts and mark correct answers to assist others searching for solutions in the community.

When I look at the config guide for NetFlow on 4510R I find this note

This feature is only available if the NetFlow Services Card (WS-F4531) is present.

Can you tell us whether your 4510R has this card installed?

Here is the link I was using if you want further detail

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/20ew/configuration/guide/nfswitch.html

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi, Richard..

Thank you for yor reply..

Could you tell how to check whether the NetFlow Services Card (WS-F4531) presents or not ?

The output of show version might be a good place to start. If the switch supports it the command show module would also be helpful. And show inventory might also be helpful.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick