cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant Issue?

cbhunt
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using Cisco Network Assistant for some time to monitor and configure switches on our network. Lately I've noticed an issue though. Then I go into the port configuration for 3 of the 4 switches I manage, no data is displayed, not even a port listing. The 4th switch, which is also the newest switch, seems to display everything just fine.

The odd thing about this is that I used to be able to see all information for the other 3 switches when I first started using CNA. It seems the upgrade to 4.0 may have broken this feature for the older switches. Is that possible?

I checked all the firmware revs and they are all at or exceeding the minimum requirements.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

not sure of the issue, check out if the following link helps :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5931/prod_release_note09186a008065ca3c.html

aazim
Level 1
Level 1

This is a known issue with CNA 4.0 and 4.1 (CSCse97890). The workaround is to upgrade the IOS image on the older devices to the same level as the newest switch. If upgrade is not an option then need to wait for the next CNA release which will resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: