Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant question

raoul2341
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am a new user of Cisco Network Assistant. I got it to display the network of switches in the topology view. However a couple of switches are not displayed as linked to another switch (i.e shown as seperate from the network). Could someone please let me know why this is happening and how to get the switches to display as linked to another switch.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

raoul2341
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I managed to display all the links  between the switches by adding all the switches to the cluster but on a couple of switches, I get the message "Unreachable: Autorization Failed".

All the switched are configured the same and the passwords on all switches are the same.

Any idea how to resolve this please?

Thanks

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

The switches need CDP enabled and to be SNMP manageble

The error message smells like ACS intergration

You may not have the right to see these switches in Campus

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel

Thanks for your reply.

I have the right to see the switches as I am the one who configured all of them from scratch and deployed them. All is working fine except that now I started to look at ways to manage them. I thought I enabled CDP on all of them but I will double check. Also I am not using ACS but planning to in the future.

Cheers

Raoul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: