cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant shows Unknown Device

csross
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Cisco 3750G-48TS switch running 12.2(25r)SE1, and they are connected together via the stack cable/ports on the back of the switch. I'm using CNA v3.1. When I log in and connect to this switch, the front-panel view shows Unknown Device and I see no ports, etc. The site indicates the switch is supports on this version. I downgraded to the version of CNA below this and I get the same thing.

I use this for my 2950s without problem.

Anyone have these problems?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

losnetworker
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same probleme with the Cisco catalyst switch WS-C4507R running the IOS Catalyst 4000 L3 Switch Software, Version 12.2(18)EW. The documentation of CNA 3.1 indicates that's supported. The others 10 2950EI Catalyst switch are displayed and recognized correctely

Need help please

Thanks

I believe that the minimum version is 12.2(20)EWA .

I have that version but the problem is still the same.

The only clue is one line on the Cisco website about setting SVI interface to NO SHUT .

Have been unable to find out how to configure.

I'm running Version 12.2(25r)SE1. I"m not sure what you mean about the NO SHUT. Could you explain please?

I openend a case with Cisco and they are grabbing at straws too. If I get any information I will pass it on.

Looks like Cisco might be leading us along the garden path. Version 12.2(20) doesn't seem to allow the Network Assistant to connect (even though is says it does). The NO SHUT refers to the management VLAN which is normally VLAN1.

I have just upgraded to 12.2(25)ewa5 (for a 4507r)and it works fine.

If your management VLAN and HTTP server are running you should at least be able to http in and see a basic web page.

Sorry I can't be any more help.

P.S. You haven't got an old version of CiscoView loaded?

I can connect to the server it just shows the switch as an Unknown Device.

Your only hope is if someone with another 3750 gets it working. You can then compare configuration and see what is missing.

Sorry I can't help any more.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco