cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant v6.0 not showing active ports (no green)

dale.magnant
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to CNA 6.0 and added a C2960X-24TS-L to a small ten switch LAN.  Oddly enough, none of the active ports on the new switch appear illuminated (green outline) when using the Front Panel View in CNA.  All the other switches (typically 2960-24TC and 2960-S series) appear correctly.  If I log into the web interface of the C2960X-24TS-L all of the active ports appear properly illuminated in the graphical view.  This problem is affecting both the copper and fiber ports.  Also, when I looked at the switch through its web interface, I noted that, by comparison, CNA was also not displaying the switch mode LEDs correctly.  In CNA, the only illuminated mode LED is 'STAT', whereas the web GUI shows 'SYST', 'STAT', and 'MSTR' all illuminated.

Is there a setting within CNA that will correct this?  I've done some poking around but so far, no go.

Thank You -

18 Replies 18

I can see active port on main stack switch, but not members

Hi, 

There are two bugs:

CSCum09576 - Software upgrade and FPV LED is displaying wrongly for 2960X device
Symptoms:
- Device FPV LED is displaying wrongly in 2960X device.
- Software Upgrade is failing in 2960X device

CSCup20854 - CNA mirroring front panel port status on a 3850 stack
Symptoms:
- Front panel status of switch 1 is the same for the other members on the stack.

Both planned to be fixed in CNA 6.3.

Regards, Mariusz

Mariusz,

Thank you for your post and following up on this issue.  Do you have an approximate release date for v6.3?

Thank You,

Dale

Hi, 

Based on the feedback I have received from CNA team exact date is currently not set (it will not happen in 2015). What I would suggest is to contact Cisco account team as they can further influence engineering team for hot issues /...

regards, Mariusz

Mariusz,

Hello,

Following up on the thread above.  It's now 7 months since your last update on this thread.  Is there, at this point, any firm word on a release date for CNA 6.3?  It would be really nice to have some of the display problems described above resolved.

Thank You,

Dale

Hi, 

I have just checked with release team and received an information that they are targeting release CNA 6.3 to be available on CCO at the end of June 2016.

Best regards, Mariusz

Mariusz,

Thank you very much for the update.  That's good news.  I'll keep watch towards the end of the month for v6.3.

Dale

Hello,

FYI: I have just checked with our product team and the current release date of CNA 6.3 is second week of August.

Regards, Mariusz

Mariusz,

Hello,

Just following up on your previous post - As it is July 8th I am wondering if you are aware of any significant slips in the previously estimated end of June release for 6.3, or whether we should still expect the release at any time?

Thank You,

Dale

itsqualco
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with a stack of two cisco 3850.

Only the port status of main switch appeared and the same status is duplicated to the second switch.

Have you got any idea how to fix this?

I upgraded to CNA 6.2 but no luck.

itsqualco -

Unfortunately I still have not found any resolution to this issue.  I had not yet tried v6.2 but it's good (or bad) to know that it does not appear to resolve the issue.  If I do find a resolution at some point I will post back.  It would be nice to hear something definitive from Cisco.

Hello dale,

I open a cisco TAC case for my CNA problem.

I let you know if they find a solution. 

itsqualco -

That would be great - I'd be very curious what the resolution might be.

Thank You,

I'm running 6.2 and seeing the same thing with two stacks of 2960-X servers.  The web interface is showing the Front Panel fine, but in CNA, all ports are dark - just the Stat LED is shown as on.  Have you heard anything?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: