Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PI 2.0 template & variable

maxime.gerges
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm currently working on our new PI 2.0 server and playing a bit with templating features.

Thanks to the VTL markup language I understood that it is possible to "program" some feature based on variable content, state,...

I would like to know if it would be possible to have some access to variables specific to a device. What I would like to do is to create a template that launch command based on the make and model of the device.

For example to save the running-configuration I need to apply the command "do copy run start" on an IOS device whereas on an NXOS device I have to apply the command "copy run start".

I don't want to create two templates (one for NXOS and the other for IOS).

Do you have any clue on doing this and if it is possible ?

Thanks !

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Maxime,

AFAIK , you need to create 2 differenet Templates to achive your goal.

***** If someone has a different view ,please share with us *******

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

cosmicfox
Level 4
Level 4

You might be able to use some of the database information such as the ProductType or ProductSeries varibles. Look at the Access Layer-IOS script for an example of how to use the ProductSeries. This should let you create one script, and have different commands based on the database variable that prime has for a given device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: