Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PI 2.1 snmp failure with Cat6506VSS

Stefan Sawluk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community.

I have a problem with a Catalyst 6500 VSS. I get in Prime all the time a snmp failure, only for this device. SNMP is configured like on all other devices. 

Collection Status Failed feature(s)

Failures

Impact

Possible Cause

Unable to collect the Flash and Image related information from the Device. Software image management. SNMP request timed out. Verify device credentials and SNMP response speed from device.

When  i start a Report dto check the device credentials, everything is fine and i get no failure. 

On the Cat 6500 i get every time when i start a discovery Job or i sync the device an error in the log:

5823: Jul 11 22:02:44: %SNMP-SP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input
queue full
205824: Jul 11 22:02:44: %SNMP-SP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input
queue full
205825: Jul 11 22:02:44: %SNMP-SP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input
queue full
205826: Jul 11 22:02:44: %SNMP-SP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input
queue full
205827: Jul 11 22:02:44: %SNMP-SP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input
queue full
205828: Jul 11 22:02:44: %SNMP-SP-3-INPUT_QFULL_ERR: Packet dropped due to input
queue full

Does anybody know this?

Regards

Stefan
16 Replies 16

Hi - Just to put some closure on this....I suspect the SNMP warm restart may of solved the problem.

After leaving the VSS for around 30 mins I added it again to Cisco Prime and it's now added, managed and working properly. We still need to arrange upgrading the IOS but it looks like the SNMP Warm Restart did provide a workaround.

Hi Stefan, I would be interested to see if there is a resolution for this. I get the same thing and also alerts to say that the switch has went down and then recovered 5 mins later. there are no issues on the network at the time of these alerts so i'm not sure if it is Prime or the VSS not responding correctly.