Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco prime 1.2

Valery Denisov
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys!

We got damaged Prime 1.2 and i want to reimage it, but can't undesrtand how to do it. I got

NCS-APL-1.3.0.20-1-K9.iso, i know that is for 1.3 but i hope its not a problem. so idlike to perform full remage from this iso but when i burn thisto USB and trying to boot from it i got  - no DEFAULT or UI directive and promt with boot: int console.

Could you guide me for step-by-step actions to reimage my prime 1.2 Physical APL ?

Thank you!

9 Replies 9

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can download **.OVA file from cisco.com and deploy them as new VM using your vSpehere client.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

It's physical   that's why i have .iso file but cant understand how to use it.

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

here is the download link:

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284652876&flowid=38562&softwareid=284272932&release=1.3&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=all

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Ehm... Could you read the question please. As i mentioned i already have this image

NCS-APL-1.3.0.20-1-K9.iso but it wont boot.

I understand , you already have this but sometime  there might be an issue with the image , if possible kindly download it

again and see if you get the same error.

Thanks-
Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Ok, i redownloaded .Iso and tested it - no errors, burned on USB and boot from it but still same result -

promt for boot: and nothing more.

Hi Valery,

Instead of USB  ,can you burn it on DVD and follow the below steps:

Step 3 Burn the ISO image file to a DVD. Installing Recovery Image      Warning The following procedure will completely reinstall the appliance and all data on the appliance will be removed. You must copy any data or files that you would like to keep from the appliance before performing this procedure. Step 1 Reboot the Cisco Prime Infrastructure appliance with the recovery ISO DVD inserted. The Cisco Prime Infrastructure Welcome screen appears. ISOLINUX 3.11 2005-09-02  Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin             Welcome to Cisco Prime Network Control System To boot from hard disk, press . Available boot options:   [1] Network Control System Installation (Keyboard/Monitor)   [2] Network Control System Installation (Serial Console)   [3] Recover administrator password. (Keyboard/Monitor)   [4] Recover administrator password. (Serial Console)   Boot existing OS from Hard Disk. Enter boot option and press . boot: Step 2 Select the desired install option, 1 or 2, depending on how you are connected to the appliance. The installation will take approximately 30 minutes. After the ISO image is installed, the Cisco Prime Infrastructure appliance reboots. When the reboot completes, the following prompt will appear and the appliance will be wiped clean. ********************************************** Kindly type 'setup' to configure the appliance **********************************************

Thanks-
Afroz

Sorry, but this is not an option. Is there any way to use USB flash ?

unfortunately ,The server cannot be accessed by USB flash drive. 
It needs to be a dual layer DVD.

Thanks-
Afroz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: