We are working with Cisco Prime 1.3 and have the problem that the devices are in the stated " Managed with warnings" . Some devices don't show the IOS version and some do.
The SNMP and telnet parameters are correct and when I delete the device the IOS version is correctly shown although I still get the message " managed with warnings". After this rediscovery it fails on the policyapp feature and feature_discovery_model feature.
The router is a Cisco 881 3G and is supported by Prime 1.3
Did anybody have this problem also ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have the same issue and I have also patched Prime with the patch...hopefully someone has some helpful hints? also mine issues are with C6K's, some work fine and some get this message...
Have you tried Deleting and re-adding the device ? If not then tried it once..
Check ACL ?
Check if you are using any special characters in the Community string , if there is any then create a new community string and test the things..
Lastly are you using any login Custom prompts on the device ?
if yes then follow the below steps:
You can configure custom username prompts using the following procedure: 1. Login to the PI CLI through SSH or console and enter the OS prompt by entering 'root'. You can set the password for root user with the "root_enable" command. 2. Once on the Linux prompt, edit "/opt/CSCOncs/conf/usernameExpect.conf" add in a new line with your specific username prompt, such as "username:". 3. Save & restart the services.
Hope above information will help
[Do rate the useful post]
Follow all the mentioned steps in this thread, I hope that will take care of your issue as well.
Adding and deleting partially helps. When I delete the device it comes back with the IOS but is still in the state " managed with warnings" .
ACL's are ok , and I use a normal community string.
We have a banner on the router but the username and password prompt is still the same
Is the credentials status is ok or Failed ?
credential status is ok but it fails on
After this rediscovery it fails on the policyapp feature and feature_discovery_model feature
I tried with telnet and SSH and it gives the same result . Hereby the output of the show crypto ?
I don't understand what it has to do with the problems that I have .... Can you clarify ?
XXXX-R01#sho crypto ?
call Show crypto call admission info
ctcp cTCP connections
datapath Data Path
debug-condition Debug Condition filters
dynamic-map Crypto map templates
eli Encryption Layer Interface
engine Show crypto engine info
entropy Entropy sources
gdoi Show crypto gdoi
identity Show crypto identity list
ikev2 Shows ikev2 info
ipsec Show IPSEC policy
isakmp Show ISAKMP
key Show long term public keys
map Crypto maps
mib Show Crypto-related MIB Parameters
optional Optional Encryption Status
pki Show PKI
route Show crypto VPN routes
ruleset Show crypto rules on outgoing packets
session Show crypto sessions (tunnels)
sockets Secure Socket Information
tech-support Displays relevant crypto information
| Output modifiers
symptoms looks like this bug
PI reports " Managed Discoverywith Warnings" with ISR Device
I installed the latest patch and now it is working almost fine. I needed to delete the device and did a bulk import again. With SSH it wasn't working but I tried again with telnet and now it is fine.
Tx for the quick assistance