Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.0 - Device Credential Verification Report

cedar_lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi PI Experts,

I am confused when I read the Device Credential Verification Report generated by PI. Can you please help?

IP Address / Host   NameReachabilitySNMPReadWriteCLILoginEnableLast Updated At
10.20.0.67Reachablesnmpv2cSuccessFailuretelnetSuccessSuccess2/24/2014 23:13
10.22.216.66Reachablesnmpv2cSuccessSuccesstelnetSuccessSuccess2/25/2014 0:31
10.32.0.3Reachablesnmpv2cSuccessSuccesstelnetSuccessSuccess2/24/2014 15:16

Firstly I am not sure why both CLI Login and Enable show Success even though I did not put in any telnet or ssh credential when I did the device discovery.

Secondly I am not sure why CLI shows telnet while they should be ssh actually.

Thanks,

Cedar

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cedar,

In Prime infrastructure, whenever you are adding/editing the device,  device credential verification will happen automatically as part of  inventory collection and the report can be viewed at Report > Report Launch Pad > Device > Device Credential Verification.

PI is by default showing  the Enabled password as SUCCESS  thogh we have not defined it . could be a BUG. Same on

my PI server

On my serve , I can see both SSH\telnet .  Can you go to Operate > Device work Center >>  select the device and click EDIT. and check what crdentilas are there ?

Ideally you should see Telenet  or SSH whatever is configured on device.

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

I did not use CLI credential to discover all devices.

However, I did go to Device work Center, selected several switches and put in my CLI credential to Update&Sync.

Then I removed my CLI credential afterward.

I would not be surprised if it's another bug as well in PI.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cedar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: