Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.0 / LMS 4.2

mfilser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody.

Just a little question: We are using Cisco Prime 2.0

If I install a LMS 4.2, am I able to use the lms-licenses of the existing Prime 2.0 to activate the LMS?

The reason is, that I'm missing a lot of features of LMS in Prime 2.0

Thx for your answers

Regards

Markus

4 Replies 4

jmandersson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I believe so, yes.

When we bought a upgrade licens from an old LMS installation we got two licenses:

Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 5K Device Upgrade Lic  and a LMS to Prime Infrastructure 2.x Upgrade 5K Device

Regards,

Johan

You can use the PAK associated with your order to request a license for LMS. This can be done via the self-service portal or via a TAC service request (request you be queued to global licensing team).

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS has a separate license and you cannot apply the same license you received for your PI on it.

However, if you received multiple License SKU's under some SmartNet contract, and if one of them has *LMS* keyword in it, it can be applied.

You may probably share the license part number's you received and we can tell if anyone applies to LMS. 

If not, you may have to work with your Cisco Account Manager/ Accounts Team to get one license for Ciscoworks LMS.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

KauyGabriel
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know when you'd got your PI, but if you did so on the 1.X version, a LMS license file might have been  included on your order if a specific part number (L-PILMS42-XXX).

So, you might have a LMS 4.2 license and not be aware of it.

The order would have looked like: 

R-PI12-BASE-K9

Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Base License and Software

L-PI12-LF-100-LIC

Prime Infrastructure 1.2 - Lifecycle - 100 Device Lic PAK

L-PILMS42-100

Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 100 Device Base Lic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: