cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.0 web interface access

gmoran
Level 1
Level 1

We just installed Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Express. It seemed to have installed correctly? But Two oddities. First when the system is restarted it takes and inordinate amount of time before the web interface becomes available. Once the web service is responding, it will not except ANY login credentials.

I can ssh to the instance and using cli, added two additional accounts. All accounts can access the install instance using ssh. None are able to login to the webinterface.

Thoughts as to what I may have missed?

Gabe

9 Replies 9

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gabe,

It can take an eternity for Prime Infrastructure to start.  Believe it or not, this is normal...

When you login to the CLI as an admin user and run an ncs status command, are all NCS processes running?

If so, there is a bug where the root user account is hosed up therefore unable to login to the WebUI.

If all NCS processes are up and the WebUI launches OK and you ARE presented with a login WebUI screen then perhaps you're experiencing this bug.

Let me know and I can help you through it.

Rob, thank you for the reply.

Sadly, yes all ? processes seem to be runing.

Health Monitor Server is running.

Ftp Server is running

Database server is running

Tftp Server is running

Matlab Server is running

NMS Server is running.

Plug and Play Gateway is running.

SAM Daemon is running ...

DA Daemon is running ...

Syslog Daemon is running ...

Currently I have the admin account set during install. I have scine added two additional accounts with admin privilidges. While the WebGUI does present itself, none of the three accounts are able to login

Please login to the CLI as admin then execute the command to change the password for the root WebUI acccount

> ncs password root password Private123

Loading USER - root

Validating new password..

Resetting password ..

Resetting password  COMPLETED.

EXECUTION STATUS : Success

Once you've changed this password please then try to use those credentials to login to
the WebUI you indicated was presented in your response above.
Let me know if this does it. If not, we'll need to go a little deeper:::

, no joy! I changed the password, tried to web in with all three accounts, no luck. I then rebooted the service, waited 20 minutes for all services to show running, tried all three again, no luck. this is my show version, are there any updates I've missed?

Version information of installed applications

---------------------------------------------

Cisco Prime Infrastructure

------------------------------------------

Version : 2.0.0.0.294

please reply back w/ a contact # or email address so i can reach out to you and we'll take a look.

Rob, these will find me!

gabe.moran.ctr@dot.gov

617-494-4532

gabe, I've gotten super busy on cases.

'will contact you as soon as i can...

No problem, thanks.

I have this issue as well.  Were you able to resolve the problem?