cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.0

david-flores
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have Prime LMS 4.2, and Prime Infrastructure 2.0 , Does prime 2.0, or even LMS 4.2 have the ability to monitor and alerts for events not related to interfaces?  Over the weekend I had a 6509 with a 10gigabit line card fail, and also a 4948 with power supply fail, and even though these events were recorded in syslog, I did not receive any type of alerts despite having alerts created for these devices if they are completely down.  Cisco Prime LMS server does have the 4948 power supply issue listed in the Device Fault Summary, but no alert was generated and emailed to me. 

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Either product can e-mail you in the case of a device becoming unreachable. 

In LMS, you wold have the condition "Oprationally down" in the Event set that you are subscribed to (Admin > Network > Notification and Action Settings > Event Sets). You can optionally add other events (such as syslog only events) to your notification group.

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

As Marvin said " you need to have "operationally down and unresponsive " under event set

along with it just make sure this device is added  in the Notification Group [Admin > Network > Notification and Action Settings > Fault Notification Group]  that you have configured in LMS to send the alert.

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: