Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime cannot paste password in web gui when logging in

mmelchers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am using Cisco Prime 2.0. When trying to login to the web GUI, I cannot paste the password. Both CTRL+v and right click and selecting paste do not work. The paste option just doesn't seem to be available in the latter case.

Is there any way to allow this? We are using complex password and would hate to use less secure passwords as the 30 character complex passwords are a pain to type by hand. 

Thanks for your help!

6 Replies 6

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

AFSAIK ,unfortuntaely it is not possible :(

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

adamfraserkruck
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. I don't have admin access to CPI, but I found this document that states that there are various "password policy controls, such as minimum length, repeated characters, and so on."

I'm going to talk to my admin and see if we can look through the config.

I wasn't able to find anything useful there, but suggestions are welcome. 

adamfraserkruck
Level 1
Level 1

I've made a quick work around for it. See the attached pdf. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Adam,

That seems to work! Unfortunately it's not very convenient yet though. Let's hope Cisco fixes this soon.

It doesn't seem to be fixed in CPI 2.1 either by the way. 

Yeah it isn't super convenient to copy and paste the code every time you want to login.

If you use chrome, you can install the attached user script after modifying the URL for your organization. It automates the job for you and only runs on the URL you specify. Simply extract the zip file and follow the install instructions within the ".user.js" file.

If you use firefox, you could install greasemonkey and do something similar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco