Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime - CPU History

leonardomachado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a quite simple question, but I really could not find the answer in docs or internet.

How do I plot a CPU history graph for my monitored router using cisco prime. All graphs that Cisco Prime shows me are lmited to 1h range!

I must be keeping the full range of data somewhere. How do I plot different ranges?

It should be a simple task: click on the graph, change time range, and 'voila'! But its not...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

these are system defined pollers, you can't edit or delete them ,however you can de-activate them.

Create a new poller with your selected or all of the devices and then check the issue.historical data or the reports will be avaible only after 24 hours of the poller started.

Thanks-

Afroz

**Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of PI is it? You should check it under Reports > Device Reports.

Also, for individual devices you should check it under Operate > Device Work Center and in Device Details, click View history of  CPU utilization and Memory Utilization.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Cisco Prime - 4.2

Sorry sirs, could not find Reports > Device Reports nor  Report > Report Launch Pad > Device > CPU Utilization

The closest thing I found here is

Reports > Performance > Device > CPU Utilization

But there is no Device available for me to plot! Do I have to enable CPU collection for long range graphs? Do I have to create a poll or something like that? It does not stores all values automatically?

Hi ,

we thought ,it is Prime infrastructure .

yes , you need to created the Poller first then you will be able see result on the dasohboad as well you can generate reports based on that.

Monitor > Performance Settings > Setup > Pollers

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-2/user/guide/lms_monitor/lms_mnt/mnt-perf.html#wp1542387

Thanks-

Afroz

Do Rate the Post

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Great! Now I am mounting the puzzle!

In "Monitor > Performance Settings > Setup > Pollers" I have "All Devices_CPU Utilizaton" Poller, which seems to be created by Cisco since I cannot delete or edit it.

The status of this poller is "Active with Errors (29)". I have 200 devices, so 29 errors is not a big deal now.

So, I went to "Reports > Performance > Poller" and ran a Report for "All Devices_CPU Utilizaton" in the range of 1 week. The result was:

"Could not generate the report. Either data is not available for the specified duration or the report job has failed."

Status
Job Status:Partially Successful
Job Failure Reason (if any):No data to generate the report
Completion Time:Tue, Mar 11 2014, 15:05:33 BRT
Launch Report:click here

Strange! And how long is the retention period for this collected data? Where do I configure it?

Hi,

these are system defined pollers, you can't edit or delete them ,however you can de-activate them.

Create a new poller with your selected or all of the devices and then check the issue.historical data or the reports will be avaible only after 24 hours of the poller started.

Thanks-

Afroz

**Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leonardo,

More specificly it is under (Report > Report Launch Pad > Device > CPU Utilization  )

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: