Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Device Access Control via TACACS Authentication

Steven Chua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I  have deployed a Cisco Prime Lan Management Server and I have configure  for TACACS authentication and authorization for users accessing the  Prime box via Cisco ACSv5.2. As I have two groups of users, I would like  to restrict the access right to the Cisco Prime for these two groups of  users (access rights of Helpdesk for one group and Super Admin for  another group). I am able to authencated successfully via the Cisco  ACSv5.2 however I am always seem to be given the rights of Helpdesk  only.

Please advice.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Rgds

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With Prime series or LMS 4.x onwards, any PAM (pluggable Auth. Module) provides only authentication to users. for Authorization on what access one should have the user should be locally configured on the LMS with required Authorization. Those users who are in AAA server will be given bydefault help desk user acess.

For more details on this, see :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/admin/security.html#wp1167300

In short, add users in LMS whom you want to grand super admin access with same priv's.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

With Prime series or LMS 4.x onwards, any PAM (pluggable Auth. Module) provides only authentication to users. for Authorization on what access one should have the user should be locally configured on the LMS with required Authorization. Those users who are in AAA server will be given bydefault help desk user acess.

For more details on this, see :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/admin/security.html#wp1167300

In short, add users in LMS whom you want to grand super admin access with same priv's.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hi Vinod,

Thanks very much for the information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: