Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime - Editing a Device Credential Verification Job

We have a Job ID of 4909.5 that is reoccurs once a week. We are having a hard time finding where that job is stored at in Cisco Prime. Could someone pretty please point me in the right direction. I need to edit this weekly job. Thanks ahead of time.                    

13 Replies 13

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is it a Prime Infrastructure or Prime LMS server?

Prime LMS server.

When you go to the Job Brower (Admin > Job > Browser) and filter by that Job ID, what details do you see?

That's usually a good place to find an inidcator of what module or subsystem is calling the job when it's not otherwise obvious.

I show a list of 4909.X jobs that have ran in the past and one that is currently scheduled for the next sunday it is planned for. I would like to delete any future jobs that it is trying to run and recreate a new one with different rules. Thanks for helping so far.

Yes, I was expecting you'd see a list. What I was getting at are fields in the list, such as the one in my following screenshot (click to enlarge). The Description field often gives more information about the source of the job.

Capture.PNG

Yes it is very similar to yours. I can't get a snapshot for you. Sorry.

Can you at least tell us what the fields contain? If not, you might need to open a TAC case for resolution.

Otherwise we're prettty much just guessing where to look.

Thank you for being patient. ciscoprime.png

Ok, seeing that it 's a CDA (Check Device Attribute) job would prompt me to look under Inventory > Job  Browsers > Device Credentials  Verification.

You should see the parent Job ID (4909 in your case) there. In the event of recurring jobs, the .xx at the end of the Job ID is the individual instance of the recurring job that ran on a given time.

Assuming that works, select and Edit it. You can change which devices are selectred for verification, which credentials are checked, when the job runs, etc. there. You can also delete the job altogether if you like.

Yes I did find that earlier, but it doesn't show the Parent job. It only shows the 4909.XX jobs in schedule. Any idea as to where else the Parent job might be?

I don't know. It's certainly perplexing.

Is a TAC case an option for you?

Sounds like its going to be Thanks for the help regardless.

William,

I just saw a new thread that Afroz answered today re deleting a job via the CLI.

Have a look here and see if that might work for you:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2267942?tstart=0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: