Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Prime Infra 2.1 fails to import an image from file

We have a standard Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.1 install. The software repository has been built up by importing the IOS images from the discovered network devices. To implement netflow capabilities on some 3750X switches we need to upgrade the IOS on the chassis and the NM card C3KX-SM10G. I was able to download from Cisco Support the 3750X IOS .tar file and import it from my machines local file system. However, the modules tar file c3kx-sm10g-tar.150-2.SE6.tar fails on the upload from my local file system. When I look at the import rob results they are as follows:

Image collection from source     SUCCESS

Copying Image to Staging Location     SUCCESS

Copying Image to Repository     FAILURE

I've tried to import just the .bin file but this also fails at the same stage as above.

I've also tried to scp the file directly into the backend file structure with no success into the folder /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/ifm/swim/jobs with the other images (oddly noticed the above .tar file for the 3750X isn't listed with the other .bin files - although is available through the webGUI).

I need to distribute the NM .tar file across multiple switches and I'd prefer to use Cisco Prime for the job. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

check software management and

check software management and supported devices

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-1/release/notes/cpi_rn.html

I had (still have?) the same

I had (still have?) the same problem with it not copying the image over. I put in a ticket and they told me to upgrade to Prime Infrastructure 2.1-Device Pack 4  pi_2.1device_packs_4-40.ubf which helped but it still fails sometimes.

I had read a post from another thread about going through software image management to distribute and that seems to work a little better, but still fails sometimes. 

So I think that there are still quite a few issues in Prime that need worked out.

We have over many switches that need software upgrades and I was hoping to do it quickly through Prime but I don't want to send out more then one image at a time to switch because I don't want it to fail. So it's a drawback right now, just doing one at a time to make sure it takes.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content