cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 config deployment (no copy run start)

kyle dickinson
Level 1
Level 1

I have deployed some CLI templates I have created to configure multiple local accounts on some switches. However the cli templete only appears to accept conf t commands, it will not accept 'write mem' or 'copy run start' at the end to save the altered running config to startup. this results in running and startup being 'out of sync' in the configuration archives, and runs the risk of a power failure causing the config to revert back to startup. Does anyone know how to ensure the altered running config is saved to startup during the config template deployment?       

5 Replies 5

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't know if this has been fixed in 2.0 or not.  By the looks of the bug it hasn't.  However, there is a workaround-

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/search?kw=prime%20infrastructure%20copy%20run%20start&pf=prdNm&sb=anfr&srtBy=byRel&bt=custV

BugID

CSCuf89957

Prime Infrastructure - No option to save running config to startup

Conditions:

Prime Infrastructure 1.2/1.3

Workaround:

Create a Configuration Template that runs either:

"do write mem"

Or for devices which no longer support "write mem", use:

"file prompt quiet

do copy run start

no file prompt quiet"

Thanks Rob, however for my 6509E with 2T Supervisor will still not accept in config mode or submode:

file prompt quiet

do copy run start

no file prompt quiet

Any other ideas?

Hello,

how can I save the config from a Cisco Catalyst 2950?

This device do not support the command "do write mem" or "do copy run start".

Kind regards

#MODE_ENABLE

write memory

#MODE_END_ENABLE

or

exit

write memory

so "do" will not be need

Steffen

Just use this command:

Switch#wr

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: