Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Network Device Reacheability

Hi there!

I have found in some documents that Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 does support IP SLA operations. So far I was able to find its ability to monitor server performance by measuring their response times, etc.

What I am unable to do so far is is to get an alarm when my Prime Infrastructure 2.0 server looses connectivity to remote device, e.g. remote branch router. Is there a way to configure it? All I need is some form of email notification when my remote branch office goes down.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm sorry to say that but Prime Infrastructure does not support IP SLA functionality similar to Cisco Prime LMS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps12239/guide_c07-729089.html

It's in the developer's plans but there's no schedule yet for this feature.

It's possible to manually configure IP SLA on the device and then define Custom SNMP templates in Prime Infrastructure and poll whatever information you might consider relevant.

This isn't user friendly (exact OID needs to be typed manually) and is a bit quite complicated, though.

-Thanks

Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks, Vinod,

So if I need to centrally monitor my branch devices reachability I can configure a device in my HQ with icmp-echo IP SLA for example and than poll that same device about its SLA status or configure it to send SNMP traps to the Prime Infrastructure server.

How does the PI server convert the trap to emal alert then?

Thanks,

Kristiyan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco