cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Trial Web Interface

John McNumara
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed the Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 Trial, however the VM is not advertising any services on TCP port 80 or 443. 

What all is required to access Cisco Prime's web GUI?

Thank you

13 Replies 13

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you log in on console (via ssh or from Vshpere client console interface)?

If so, please verify the server is running properly there ("ncs status" command).

prime/admin#ncs status

sh: /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/wcsadmin.sh: No such file or directory

What ova file did you build from?

Your error message seems to imply you didn't use the Prime Insfrastructure 2.0 image (PI-VA-2.0.0.0.294-Express.ova).

I used: PI-VA-2.0.0.0.294-Express.ova

cbs-prime# sh ver

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.0
ADE-OS Build Version: 2.0.6.003-px-build
ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Copyright (c) 2005-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Hostname: prime

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Hmm.

For some reason your application did not install. Otherwise it would show up after "Version information of installed applications"

I removed the VM, unzipped the download and re-deployed the OVF with the same results.

Is there a compatibility issue with ESXi 5.1.0?

ESXi 5.1 should be fine with PI 2.0.

Did you run setup after deploying the OVA as noted in the quick start guide?

I saw this yesterday-

prime/admin#ncs status

sh: /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/wcsadmin.sh: No such file or directory

The customer was trying to deploy w/ not enough CPUs available.

bret
Level 3
Level 3

Were you able to get this working. I am having the same issue and I used the PI-VA-2.0.0.0.294-Express.ova image.

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.0
ADE-OS Build Version: 2.0.6.003-px-build
ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Copyright (c) 2005-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Hostname: PA508CISCOPIS1

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

webx1Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Same error, same setup as you guys.

In my case I had to re-deploy the OVA and let the recommended specs as is (4 CPU and 12 gigs ram).

The first boot took 20-25 minutes with 4 cores (intel xeon) server ? Not impressed at all.....

We had the same issue with the PI-VA-2.0.0.0.294-Express.ova and it seems that the VM needs Internet connectivity (full outgoing https and dns) during the initial deployment.

After redeploying it a couple of times on our internal VMware cluster with the same results (ClassNotFound Exception for the wcsadmin) we just gave it a run and deployed it in the DMZ.

During the final steps of the initial configuration (after the system reboot) it connected over https to an Akamai IP (we figured, it may need to download some packages...?). After that everything was working.

Finally we moved the VM to our internal VMware Cluster and it's still running smoothly without any internet connectivity.

Just another fact, I don't think it's related but anyway: the cluster on which the initial deployment failed is running on AMD Opteron CPUs while the DMZ VMWare cluster is running on Intel Xeons.

We had the same issue with the PI-VA-2.0.0.0.294-Express.ova and it seems that the VM needs Internet connectivity (full outgoing https and dns) during the initial deployment.

After redeploying it a couple of times on our internal VMware cluster with the same results (ClassNotFound Exception for the wcsadmin) we just gave it a run and deployed it in the DMZ.

During the final steps of the initial configuration (after the system reboot) it connected over https to an Akamai IP (we figured, it may need to download some packages...?). After that everything was working.

Finally we moved the VM to our internal VMware Cluster and it's still running smoothly without any internet connectivity.

Just another fact, I don't think it's related but anyway: the cluster on which the initial deployment failed is running on AMD Opteron CPUs while the DMZ VMWare cluster is running on Intel Xeons.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco