Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 very poor performance

mel-ghazali
Level 1
Level 1

Dears;

can any one help ?  our PI 2.0 is very very slow in response, i click and go do other job until it loads, some time it works fine for a few minutes and then back poor again. this result i can't manage any thing.

Thanks

Regards

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you check the disk space  ?  :: df -h

Also check /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/messaging.properties  , it should have the  correct ipaddress,if not edit it and correct the Ip address.

Do you have any backup when it was running fine ? or it is slow since the installtion ?

Thanks-

Afroz

**Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello Afrahmad;

could you please provide to show what you mentions.

i issued from console

#show disks

10 % used

view memory from Vcenter

about 40% to 50% free.

#show memory from Console

free a few mega from 12 G assigned.

how this diffrence appears??

i assigned new memory [make it 16 G] and the same behavior, a few free megas.

it seems there is a problem in allocating memory and free up memory,, any help ??

Hi,

-Try to reboot the server once.

- From the UI of the PI, please go to Administration > Background Tasks. Are there
usually a large number of tasks there that are in Running or Waiting state? If so deleted or disabled them for a while and see if it makes any differenec in the performance

IMP ***Backing up a large database affects the performance of Prime Infrastructure server.
Schedule backups to run when Prime Infrastructure server is idle (for example, in the middle of the night).

=======
share the output of : df -h   command

Show mem

======

One more thing ,performance also depeneds how your VM is configured

thin or thick provisioning ?

Try to allow some more resources to your VM machine and check the issue.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

***Ratings Encourages Contributors***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hello;

-Try to reboot the server once [i did several times, it the same poor preformance].

- From the UI of the PI, please go to Administration > Background Tasks. Are there
usually a large number of tasks there that are in Running or Waiting state? If so deleted or disabled them for a while and see if it makes any differenec in the performance [ i found the tasks idle or succedded, i didn't find any task running, any way i disabled unneeded tasks]

-----

df -h   command [sorry, but Where to issue this command]

Show mem

total memory:   16305052 kB
free memory:      333528 kB
cached:          5959544 kB
swap-cached:      519280 kB

be noted that i already increased the memorfu fro 12 G to 16 G and the same low free memory.

----------------------------------

One more thing ,performance also depeneds how your VM is configured

thin or thick provisioning ?

Try to allow some more resources to your VM machine and check the issue.

the Disk is assigned eagr zerod thick provisioned, i increased the memory from 12G to 16G;

the wiered matter is the memory utilization from vcenter show the cisco prime utilizing only 50 to 60 %,, whe do a show mem on pi it self it show a few megas free as shown in upper section

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: