Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0

janvandek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If one choose to go for the Hardware Applicance, I noticed there are no parameters to choose for the sizing of the device (performance) . In other words will a HW appliance be able to support no matter the number of installed licenses without loosing performancy?

Or do you recommend to choose the sofware appliance where depending on the number of installed licenses on can increase the number of CPU and HDD.

What is the limitation of number of supported devices when choosing the HW appliance and still have a performant management system?

Regards

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The hardware appliance meets the requirements for the Standard tier of Prime Infrastructure 2.0. See the note at the bottom of Table 3 here.

That table also lists all the recommended maximum management characteristics for the various tiers. One of the biggest determining factors is the Netflow flows/second being received and processed.

I prefer the soft appliance because it is generally easier to increase resources in that environment. I have seen larger enterprises without a good linkage between the network and server organizations run contrary to that general assertion though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The hardware appliance meets the requirements for the Standard tier of Prime Infrastructure 2.0. See the note at the bottom of Table 3 here.

That table also lists all the recommended maximum management characteristics for the various tiers. One of the biggest determining factors is the Netflow flows/second being received and processed.

I prefer the soft appliance because it is generally easier to increase resources in that environment. I have seen larger enterprises without a good linkage between the network and server organizations run contrary to that general assertion though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: