Prime Infrastructure 1.2 - Lifecycle  - 1K Device Lic

SW APP SUPP + UPGR PI 1.2 - Lifecycle - 1K Device Lic

Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Plug and Play Gateway Lic

SW APP SUPP + UPGR PI 1.2 Automated Deployment Gateway Lic

Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Base License and Software

SW APP SUPP + UPGR NULL SKU-No line item services included

Prime Infrastructure 1.2 - Lifecycle  - 1K Device Lic PAK

Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 1K Device Base Lic

How many AP and switch i can collect with Cisco Prime INfrastructure ? 2000 ?

If i upgrade Prime to 2.0 firmware i must buy licenze for the upgrade ?

someone can help me??

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It looks like 1000 device licenses were purchased with the addition of Software Application Support plus Upgrade (SASU) contract support. SASU coverage for PI 1.x entitles you to upgrade to PI 2.0. The PI 1.x base and lifecycle license files will work fine with PI 2.0. If you had assurance licenses (which you do not appear to), they would have to be re-issued for PI 2.0.

The next to last line item you listed is the Product Activation Key (PAK) that you need to use to obtain your license file. It is not an additional set of licenses.

The last line item is the right to obtain a license for Prime LMS, also for 1000 devices.This is included as sort of a promotional item since PI does not yet include all the features of LMS. LMS requires a separate server installation distinct from PI.

Technically you are licensed for 1000 total devices. If you install and use LMS you are not supposed to managed a combined (PI + LMS) set of>1000 devices although the respective products don't talk to one another to enforce that restriction. If you don't use LMS, the distinction is moot.

View solution in original post

Correct.  The LMS license is only if you want to deploy a separate instance of Prime LMS.  It will not be accepted (or even recognized) by Prime Infrastructure.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It looks like 1000 device licenses were purchased with the addition of Software Application Support plus Upgrade (SASU) contract support. SASU coverage for PI 1.x entitles you to upgrade to PI 2.0. The PI 1.x base and lifecycle license files will work fine with PI 2.0. If you had assurance licenses (which you do not appear to), they would have to be re-issued for PI 2.0.

The next to last line item you listed is the Product Activation Key (PAK) that you need to use to obtain your license file. It is not an additional set of licenses.

The last line item is the right to obtain a license for Prime LMS, also for 1000 devices.This is included as sort of a promotional item since PI does not yet include all the features of LMS. LMS requires a separate server installation distinct from PI.

Technically you are licensed for 1000 total devices. If you install and use LMS you are not supposed to managed a combined (PI + LMS) set of>1000 devices although the respective products don't talk to one another to enforce that restriction. If you don't use LMS, the distinction is moot.

Augustgood
Level 1
Level 1

Only for prime i can collect 1000 (not 100) device ? device like AP / WLC and switch router etc etc ? i can upgrade prime to version 2.0 right ?

Correct - 1000. (I corrected that one typo.)

Devices licenses count the managed nodes - WLC, AP, router and switch etc.

You can upgrade to 2.0 given the SKUs you listed above.

we can't put the license for LMS in infrastructure, this is not supported. right ?

Correct.  The LMS license is only if you want to deploy a separate instance of Prime LMS.  It will not be accepted (or even recognized) by Prime Infrastructure.

Thank you all ... Big

But Cisco prime LMS is still sold at the moment ? Prime ncs 2.0 don't support all the feature of LMS  ? right?

Not sold separately, but being a part of Cisco Prime Infrastructure its license is included, for those who still want to use LMS for primary wired infrastructure management.

-Thanks
Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

but who want use LMS must buy the server (hardware) to use 1000 lic ? right ?

Not necessarily a hardware is required. LMS 4.2 also has a OVF/OVA image which can be used in the virtualized environment and can be deployed as a VM.

If your organisation already have a Virtualized Infrastructure, anyways which is mandatory for Cisco Prime Infrastructure, it should be easy to get one more server for using LMS.

Even a VM with windows running on it can be useful.

-Thanks

Vinod

Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: