Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure not detecting Nexus VLANs

Hello,

we recently added 2 Nexus 5010 to our prime Infrastructure 2.0.

Once synchronization is completed, the device shows as Managed.

When looking through the device details, everything seems to be ok, just when looking into the VLANs tab, it says:

"none detected".

In fact, there are quite a lot of vlans on this device.

Did anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks,

Jörg

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jorg,

I have checked and confirmed that Unfortunately  this feature is not supported  for NEXUS . I mean the VLAN information.

and I think "port-channels" are also not supported.

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

Hi Jorg,

yes , as per my understanding ,this should be added in future releases..

Thanks-
Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jorg,

I have checked and confirmed that Unfortunately  this feature is not supported  for NEXUS . I mean the VLAN information.

and I think "port-channels" are also not supported.

Thanks-
Afroz

Hi Afroz,

thanks for your quick support.

Just one more question:

do you know if this is on the roadmap for future versions?

Thanks,

Jörg

Hi Jorg,

yes , as per my understanding ,this should be added in future releases..

Thanks-
Afroz

Hi All,

After installing CPI 3.0 and add a few Nexus 5672 I get this error message:  timeout happened while connecting to the device, with these two failures:

feature_ethernetext_nexus
feature_vlan_nexus

I have confirmed that Prime cannot get any VLAN from Nexus 5K.

Is there any plan to incorporate these feature?

Hey Martin, please enter the write snmp community for your nexus devices... this should fix these errors but you will still get a "partial complete" error because user tracking is not yet supported on the nexus devices for prime infrastructure.

Hi Philipp,

I am using SNMPv3 and VLANs (on Device Details) shows None Detected.

Thanks!

No idea about SNMPv3 but it works definetly with SNMP v2c if you provide the read + write community. I can see the vlans on our Nexus devices.

So maybe you can use SNMPv2 on your Nexus devices, otherwise you will need TAC assistance I think.

Thanks Phillipp,

Change from SNMPv3 to v2c on next week.

I will give you feedbak.

Hi Phillipp,

I have change SNMPv3 to SNMPv2, also I have upgrade to PI 3.0.2 & Prime Infrastructure 3.0 Device Pack 1; but I am still getting same error.

Any other idea?

Thanks!

Yes: increase the timeout for the nexus device on the snmp & ssh/telnet settings. I guess it is 60 seconds right now - just set it to 300 or something like this.

Increasing timeout to 300 does not work.

After upgrading from 2.2 to 3.0 and then 3.1 I'm having this same issue on one out of four Nexus 5548s. I've deleted it and readded and same thing. I've increased the timeout as recommended above and no change.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: