Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Prime LMS 4.1 - Support for Cisco Catalyst 3560-C Series Switches

Hello together

I have a customer which uses the following switch. Last year I have installed LMS 4.1 for him to manage the switches. Unfortunatly the switch model is not supported. According to the information found on the following site the switch is supported for most of the modules in LMS:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/device_support/table/lms41sdt.html

The oid object of the device is the following: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1465

Supported Software: 12.2(55)EX (Customer has 12.2(55)EX3

Version Support Type: Device Update

So I updated all device updates I was able to find.

Step 1: For that I went to Admin > System > Software Center > Schedule Device Downloads and created a job where I have downloaded the latest versions of all packages.

Step 2: Installed the downloaded packages Admin > System > Software Center > Device Update and installed all the packages.

Unfortunatly I don't see the same result like described in the Supported Device Table for LMS 4.1.

- Cisco View -> works

- Inventory and Config Collection -> works

- Fault Monitor not working -> Error Code Unsupported

- Network Topology Layer 2 Services -> Device Type ciscoProducts.1465, Symbol Question Mark

- VLAN Management -> Doesn't work

- User Tracking > seems also not to work

When I open the report for supported devcies (Reports > System > Device Support) and search for C3560C... I find the following devices, but not mine which i need:

C3560C-8PC-S     .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1466

C3560CG8PC         .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1317

C3560CCG8TC     .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1318

wsC3560CPD8ptS     .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1368

Does anybody have experience with the same switch type / model? Am I doing something wrong or is this type of switch not implemented correctly till now? Further the docuemntation supported devices would be wrong.

Thanks for any feedback Erich

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content