Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.5 - Change SMTP Server Port

Hello,

In LMS 4.2.5, is there any way to change the SMTP server port from 25 to other port?
I didn't find any way to change it using the web interface, and I wonder if I'm missing something, or is there any configuration file on the server where I can change that.

Thanking in advance,
Udi Dahan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Udi,Unfortunately port 25 is

Udi,

Unfortunately port 25 is hardcoded deep within LMS and it is not possible to change this port for SMTP.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Udi,Unfortunately port 25 is

Udi,

Unfortunately port 25 is hardcoded deep within LMS and it is not possible to change this port for SMTP.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

Hi Vinod,Thank you for the

Hi Vinod,

Thank you for the reply.
Do you if in CPI 2.1 (or perhaps, the upcoming 2.2 release) has the ability to change the SMTP port?

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

I don't think it is supported

I don't think it is supported on PI as well.

Plan is to support atleast port 587, which is now tcp secure port for emails which uses TLS.

I am not clear on the roadmap for PI on SMTP port change. But nothing seems in near future. I think it may be because of the defaults and most basic requirement which for now almost all organisations allow without restrictions.

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,Thank again.With

Hi Vinod,

Thank again.
With regards to LMS, do you think that there is a business case for enhancement request?
Same question for PI.

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

LMS has given its way to

LMS has given its way to Cisco PI and there will be no new feature enhancement in future.

This makes a case for Product Enhancement Request (PER) for CPI, where you can engage your accounts team/Cisco Accounts manager to raise a PER request.

-Thanks

Vinod

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content