cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 cannot purge IPM database

Enea Dyrmishi
Level 4
Level 4

I have e Cisco Prime LMS 4.2, whose IpmDbEngine is consuming around 8k RAM.

The IPM database is around 9 GB in size, and when trying to query reports, I can get reports from more than a year.

This means that IPM purge is not working. Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Enea

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Enea,

The size of the DB is huge now, you can try to do a Force Purge

go to Admin > Network > Purge Settings  >IPSLA data Purge Settings

see if it helps.

If not then the last resort is to Re-initialize the IPM database.

here are the steps:

1.stop the daemon manager

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm  (linux/solaris)

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm    (windows)

3.start the daemon manager

Note: If you Re-initialize the database  then you need to create the collectors again .

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afrahmad,

Thank you for your feedback. I will use database re-initialize as a last resort.

I tried to purge the database using "Admin > Network > Purge Settings  >IPSLA data Purge Settings", but no results. It seems that purge process is not working at all.

Any idea on how to re-initialize this process. I tried restarting the servers and net stop/start crmdmgtd, but no results.

Thank you,

Enea

Hi Enea,

here is the process:

1.stop the daemon manager

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm  (linux/solaris)

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm    (windows)

3.start the daemon manager

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Thank you for your reply, but maybe I was not clear. You already explained the detailed steps to re-initialize the IPM database. But what I wanted to know is there any possibility to re-initialize/restart the "data purge" process. It is always showing "administrator shut down this process" and there is no chance to start it, even restarting the server or net stop/start crmdmgtd, will not start this process. I think this is the main issue why all my LMS 4.2 purges are not working.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Enea

share the output of pdshow -brief command

try to restart the process :

pdterm <process name>

pdexec <process name>

Thanks-

Afroz