Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Prime LMS 4.2 cannot purge IPM database

I have e Cisco Prime LMS 4.2, whose IpmDbEngine is consuming around 8k RAM.

The IPM database is around 9 GB in size, and when trying to query reports, I can get reports from more than a year.

This means that IPM purge is not working. Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Enea

• Network Management
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Enea, The size of the DB

Hi Enea,

The size of the DB is huge now, you can try to do a Force Purge

go to Admin > Network > Purge Settings  >IPSLA data Purge Settings

see if it helps.

If not then the last resort is to Re-initialize the IPM database.

here are the steps:

1.stop the daemon manager

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm  (linux/solaris)

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm    (windows)

3.start the daemon manager

Note: If you Re-initialize the database  then you need to create the collectors again .

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afrahmad,Thank you for

Hi Afrahmad,

Thank you for your feedback. I will use database re-initialize as a last resort.

I tried to purge the database using "Admin > Network > Purge Settings  >IPSLA data Purge Settings", but no results. It seems that purge process is not working at all.

Any idea on how to re-initialize this process. I tried restarting the servers and net stop/start crmdmgtd, but no results.

Thank you,

Enea

Cisco Employee

Hi Enea,here is the process:1

Hi Enea,

here is the process:

1.stop the daemon manager

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm  (linux/solaris)

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ipm dmprefix=Ipm    (windows)

3.start the daemon manager

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz, Thank you for your

Hi Afroz,

Thank you for your reply, but maybe I was not clear. You already explained the detailed steps to re-initialize the IPM database. But what I wanted to know is there any possibility to re-initialize/restart the "data purge" process. It is always showing "administrator shut down this process" and there is no chance to start it, even restarting the server or net stop/start crmdmgtd, will not start this process. I think this is the main issue why all my LMS 4.2 purges are not working.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Enea

Cisco Employee

share the output of pdshow

share the output of pdshow -brief command

try to restart the process :

pdterm <process name>

pdexec <process name>

Thanks-

Afroz

Views
Helpful
Replies